audio


After transcoding using ffmpeg, I found audio bitrate is not the value I expected


I used ffmpeg to transcode some files into new format and with certain parameters. After transcoding, I found some output file's metadata is not what I expected, the output value is not the same with I set in the cmd line.
Before transcoding I check the media info of the inputfile:
ffmpeg -i dz2015082000010.mpg
ffmpeg version 3.2.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 4.8.3 (GCC) 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-9)
configuration: --enable-static --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libx264
--enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-iconv --enable-zlib --enable-nonfree --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include/ --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --enable-debug=3 --disable-optimizations --enable-nonfree --enable-libmp3lame libavutil 55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101 libavcodec 57. 64.101 / 57. 64.101 libavformat 57. 56.101 /
57. 56.101 libavdevice 57. 1.100 / 57. 1.100 libavfilter 6. 65.100 / 6. 65.100 libswscale 4. 2.100 / 4. 2.100 libswresample 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100 libpostproc 54. 1.100 /
54. 1.100 Input #0, mpeg, from 'dz2015082000010.mpg': Duration: 00:01:49.30, start: 0.685389, bitrate: 15723 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv, top first), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 15000 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr,
90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 384 kb/s At least one output file must be specified
Next, transcoding with the cmd line:
ffmpeg -i dz2015082000010.mpg -vcodec libx264 -b:v 4000k -s 1920x1080 -r 25 -g 25 -vprofile main -acodec aac -strict -2 -b:a 128k -ac 2 -ar 44100 -y output.ts
After transcoding, I check the media info of the output file:
ffmpeg -i output.ts
ffmpeg version 3.2.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 4.8.3 (GCC) 20140911 (Red Hat
4.8.3-9) configuration: --enable-static --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-iconv --enable-zlib --enable-nonfree --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include/ --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --enable-debug=3 --disable-optimizations --enable-nonfree --enable-libmp3lame libavutil 55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101 libavcodec 57. 64.101
/ 57. 64.101 libavformat 57. 56.101 / 57. 56.101
libavdevice 57. 1.100 / 57. 1.100 libavfilter 6. 65.100
/ 6. 65.100 libswscale 4. 2.100 / 4. 2.100
libswresample 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100 libpostproc 54. 1.100
/ 54. 1.100 Input #0, mpegts, from 'full-2.ts': Duration:
00:01:49.30, start: 1.456778, bitrate: 4455 kb/s Program 1
Metadata:
service_name : Service01
service_provider: FFmpeg
Stream #0:0[0x100]: Video: h264 (Main) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr,
90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x101]: Audio: aac (LC) ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 4 kb/s At least one output file must be
specified
I don't know why the audio bitrate is changed to 4 kb/s after transcoding, I set the value with -b:a 128k before, anybody can help me? BTW, the output file sounds all right.
The native encoder won't waste bits on silent portions. And it doesn't do strict CBR. If you really need an output to be around the target bitrate, you can mix in a very low level of noise.

Related Links

How to create my own DAW
Portaudio maximum callback processing time with ALSA issue
What's spectral “tilt”?
AudioGraph.CreateFileInputNodeAsync resulting in FormatNotSupported with wav and AudioNodeEmitter
how to allow external audio plugins?
raspberry pi separate server broadcast audio stream
AVPLayer with Live stream url not resuming After call when iPhone screen locked
audio pause in xamarin.forms C#
How to pause or stop currently playing audio that is not from my app, from background?
Which sounformat should i use for Speach recognize software?
Which features can I try to extract out of mp3 files to classify them?
Is there some kind of Audio Template Engine?
Host aumu AudioUnit
How to extract audio features from jaudio to access through weka?
Dolby Pro Logic IIx implementation details
All possible containers for a Real Time Messaging Protocol stream

Categories

HOME
gradle
rx-java
kotlin
ignite
houndify
boost
rpres
netfilter
sapply
google-play-games
angularjs-ng-route
jlabel
spring-data-elasticsearch
pad
uidocumentinteraction
nlog
intercept
gun
nattable
apache-felix
revit
oracle-data-integrator
jointjs
heatmap
master-detail
ggiraph
javabeans
appery.io
submenu
initializing
hana-cloud-platform
angular2-http
android-runonuithread
smartassembly
sencha-architect
azure-sql-server
gulp-usemin
enterprise-library-6
cakephp-3.3
matlab-guide
crypto++
snobol
bisonc++
icingaweb2
ember-cli-mirage
google-gadget
simplehttpserver
r.js
use-case
leap-motion
express-stormpath
windows-firewall-api
strstream
lzma
datepart
user-mode-linux
yahoo-messenger
highcharts-ng
oracle-streams
dfdl
mongoose-web-server
mindbody
build-dependencies
wordpress-4.5
unexpectendoffile
typescript1.7
tap
er-diagrams
google-text-to-speech
mongojs
dcraw
vin
avaloq-script
filefield
componentkit
string-search
javascript-databinding
option
invalidation
galera
psychology
apiaxle
qglviewer
inference
android.mk
struts2-tiles-plugin
hiding
django-staticfiles
osx-gatekeeper
ora-01426
dynamic-content
webarchive
log5j
layar
cocos2d-python
google-instant-previews
equivalent
smalldatetime
jquery-ui-plugins
application-design

Resources

Mobile Apps Dev
Database Users
javascript
java
csharp
php
android
MS Developer
developer works
python
ios
c
html
jquery
RDBMS discuss
Cloud Virtualization
Database Dev&Adm
javascript
java
csharp
php
python
android
jquery
ruby
ios
html
Mobile App
Mobile App
Mobile App